Fundamentals of Accounting – full year (1 unit) 8651
(College Fundamentals of Accounting, Level I – 3 Cazenovia College credits and FREE TCIII credits!)
DID YOU KNOW THAT OVER 65% of CEO's (BUSINESS LEADERS) HAVE AN ACCOUNTING OR FINANCIAL BACKGROUND?
This course provides students with the opportunity to develop skills necessary to complete the accounting cycle for any kind of business. Aside from increasing the number of customers, accounting is the most important part of a business! This course aims to show students how accounting information is an integral part of the decision-making process, both inside and outside the firm. Students will gain a solid accounting background needed to complete further studies in accounting and related subjects in the future. Tons of graduates tell Mrs. New that they are very glad they took accounting in high school because it helped them so much in college accounting courses.
- The role of accounting in business- Play Monopoly and learn to Journalize!
- Profession of accounting
- Business Ethics
- The complete accounting cycle
- Accounting for a Merchandising Business
- QuickBooks Payroll Project
- Fun apprentice competition with judges and prizes
- Recommended for students in grades 11 – 12
Accounting students learn to journalize while playing Monopoly!